Face-to face surveys
Personally administered pen and paper questionnaires. Interviews are conducted at the “moment of truth” within the retail environment and is ideal for any “here today” style questioning.
This methodology allows for a longer questionnaire than web or telephone and with the presence of an interview, additional probing and question clarification is possible. Show material can also be used. Primarily used for quantitative research.
- Engages with shoppers in the retail environment at the “moment of truth”
- Gain credible insights on in-store activity, including displays, point-of-sale, promotions
- Real-time feedback from shoppers for greater accuracy in recalling behaviours and actions.
- Can be used to compare shoppers’ intentions with their actual behaviours to understand what triggers impulsive purchases and reasons behind failures to buy
- Benchmarking between retailers
- Ability of interviewer to conduct complex or lengthy interviews.
- Allows for showing materials and interacting with the in-store environment.
Ideal for research where the objectives are...
- To understand shoppers’ feedback on in-store execution, i.e. new product displays, new point-of-sale materials, the latest promotional campaigns, etc.
- To benchmark shopper behaviour between different retail environments and across different channels
- To understand the relationship between shoppers’ intended and actual purchases, and what factors in or outside of the store effect purchasing habits.
- When you are looking to speak to shoppers at a particular outlet or targeting shoppers who have purchased certain products from “here” today, this week, this month etc
All our external fieldwork agencies strictly adhere to the MRS (Market Research Society) code-of-conduct.
him! will provide you with a comprehensive proposal, so why not discuss your brief with Katy Moses, Business Development Manager 07912 717 567 firstname.lastname@example.org