Focus groups are an ideal methodology for high concept, qualitative research.
Representative groups are recruited and research within a group environment, allowing for interaction and idea exchange.
Focus groups can also be viewed by the client. Show material and live examples are an ideal component for this methodology.
- Exploratory; good way of getting people to talk about their attitudes and perceptions. Provides in-depth information.
- Client can observe research as it is being conducted
- Visual materials can be used and interacted with
- Good idea generator
- Reveals attitudes of small group only. Not a scientific sampling
- Competitive and intimate topics are unsuitable for focus group discussion
Ideal for research where the objectives are..
- To gain a broad understanding of specific issues or ideas - a great starting place on which a more robust quantitative study can be built
- To understand initial reactions to new product designs, advertising campaigns
All our external fieldwork agencies strictly adhere to the MRS (Market Research Society) code-of-conduct.
him! will provide you with a comprehensive proposal, so why not discuss your research brief with Katy Moses, Business Development Manager 07912 717 567 email@example.com