The UK foodservice sector is estimated to be worth £33.2 billion and is commanding an increasing proportion of consumer spend.
The market is expected to grow and equal the size of the UK food retail market in terms of value by 2012. That’s why him! has launched a food-to-go programme speaking to food-to-go customers to help the sector drive awareness, footfall, credibility and sales in a core offer.
This NEW syndicated programme seeks to understand the buying behaviour of those shoppers specifically on a food-to-go mission within convenience stores, pharmacy chains, food-to-go outlets and coffee chains.
All days of week and times of day are covered, to establish the peak food-to-go trading hours, where availability is crucial and how food-to-go shopper behaviour changes throughout the day, and the week.
Focus areas typically include:
- Shopper profiles and demographics
- Spend, basket size, visit frequency
- Purchase frequency of FTG both here and other locations
- Outlet types considered for FTG purchases
- Where else do they buy FTG in a typical month? Establish drivers of store choice
- How do shoppers define FTG?
- What occasion are shoppers buying FTG e.g. breakfast, lunch, snack, evening meal?
- What do they want from a good FTG offer here?
- Main category and all categories purchased
- Did shoppers know exactly what they wanted before coming here today?
- How many shoppers make purchase decisions in store?
- When are shoppers going to consume their purchase - where? And who with?
- Ratings for FTG offer; i.e. quality, fresh, range, price, service, promotions, self serve and speed of service.
- Who do they think is best at FTG?
- What one thing would they improve about the offer?
- What are shoppers looking for/ buying/ did they notice meal deals?
- What do shoppers want from a meal deal? How many items? Better range? If so, what products?
- Impulse purchasing, % who did, what, why
- Range improvements? Healthier? Wider choice? More options etc
- Food trends importance to them: local sourcing, wellness,
- health, high fibre, 5 a day, calorie content
- Have they bought items for FTG from here in the last month? If not, why not?
- Where else do they buy FTG in a typical month? Taking first and second answer. Why? Establish drivers of store choice
- Would shoppers like to eat in?
- Do they ever miss breakfast?
- Do they take lunch in from home?
- Would they buy from here:
- Breakfast to go? If so what items
- Lunch to go? If so what items
- Food trends importance to them: local, wellness, health, high fibre, 5 a day
- ...and many many more!
Why join the food-to-go tracking programme?
This invaluable insight will help shape your commercial decisions and future strategies and, because this is a syndicated study insight is available at a fraction of the price compared to funding your own bespoke research.
For more information on him!’s Food-to-go Tracking Programme please contact Katy.Moses@him.uk.com 07912 717 567 or visit www.him.uk.com