Shopper Insight Manager
him! Research & Consulting are looking for an outstanding, self-motivated FMCG professional for a brand new shopper insight manager position. You will be a thought leader, within our business, responsible for gleaning insights and business critical opportunities from our syndicated and bespoke research products. Our client facing team will rely on you to identify and effectively communicate insights and opportunities which will deliver ROI to our clients.
The insight manager will be at the forefront of him!’s insight in the Convenience, wholesale and high street retail channels, and will be responsible for understanding the market trends and companies strategy. They will work closely with the research and commercial team to shape our research in these channels
We are looking for an hard working individual who is keen to step up into a more senior role within shopper insights.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be able to evaluate and interpret various data and information into commercially driven actionable insights and recommendations.
- A confident presenter, you will be able to communicate your findings and recommendations both internally and directly to our clients, and have the gravitas to give opinion .
- A creative and innovative thinker, you will continuously improve how we present and communicate our insights to our clients, ensuring we all stay one step ahead of the competition. .
- You will be a self-motivator with excellent time management skills, responsible for balancing your own workload and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail is a must. You will be responsible for ‘insight quality control’ for the business.
- You will have 2-3 years experience within FMCG/retail and a solid understanding of research methodologies and data analysis. Experience in an insights, shopper marketing, category or research role is a must.
- You will have a genuine passion for really understanding every aspect of ‘the shopper’ and a drive to make a mark on UK retail.
- Responsible for the production of client ready insight reports and presentations - collect, analyse, interpret, and summarise data from him’s multi client research programmes, in a variety of outputs (powerpoint/excel/word) to set deadlines and to a standard appropriate for board level clients.
- To become the thought leader in convenience and wholesale route to markets and their customer base keeping abreast of industry issues from numerous sources as well as him! data (become an internal ‘go to’ person for that channel, including running regular internal knowledge building sessions).
- Identify and produce ad hoc and topical insight ‘reports’ from our research, and providing opinion on latest trends and activity, and specific topics which would be to the general benefit of clients all with a commercial focus.
- Produce ‘conference presentations’ for senior management when appropriate.
- Facilitating internal research launches – leading the agenda, structure and presenting outputs
- Develop analysis solutions to save time and allow for more in-depth analysis incl looking at ways to ‘automate’ processes where possible
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Blake Gladman at firstname.lastname@example.org